Purpose of role:
As a Volunteer Helpline Advisor, responding to Helpline enquiries from parents and carers, you will be playing a part in helping ERIC to achieve its key goal of reaching even more families.
This role can be done remotely and training is provided.
If you are passionate about helping to improve the lives of families whose children are affected by continence issues, and can commit your time on a regular basis, we’d love to hear from you.
The hours are flexible and will involve 4-5 hour shifts. To maintain consistency and a high standard of professional practice, volunteers should be able to commit to a regular pattern of one shift per week, for a minimum period of one year.
Tasks could include:
- Answering calls on the Helpline
- Signposting to information on our website
- Responding to & following up enquiries by email
- Entering information onto our IT system
Skills and qualities:
- Professional qualification and/or clinical experience
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Friendly and positive with a can-do attitude
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Empathetic and non-judgmental
- Able to use standard IT packages including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Able to follow ERIC’s policies, including safeguarding and confidentiality
- Willing to continuously develop professional practice.