Language Line is an interpretation service. Their professional interpreters offer over 200 languages. Using this service enables us to have a three-way helpline call with you.
Please note that you will need to contact us to request this service. If you are not able to make the call yourself, you can ask someone to do this on your behalf.
Language Line does not record the call or take any notes.
How to arrange for a translator for your Helpline call with ERIC
- Call the helpline on 0808 801 0343 between 10am and 2pm, Monday to Thursday.
- Tell us that you would like to speak to us in another language. We will need to know your phone number to call you back on, and your first name.
- Alternatively use our Helpline web enquiry form to request a call with one of our advisors. Please state in the description box that you need an interpreter. We can email or phone you to arrange a suitable time for your call with an interpreter.
- Once we have your details, we will contact Language Line and give them your first name, your phone number and let them know the language you would like to talk to us in.
- We will pass your details on to Language Line so they can call you. If you are not able to do this in English, you can ask someone to do this on your behalf. You will need to give that person permission to pass on your name and contact number.
- Language Line will call you back.
- An ERIC Helpline advisor will join the phone call and can then talk to you through Language Line’s interpreter. What you ask us will be translated by Language Line to us, and our reply will be translated back to you.
- At the end of the call, just hang up the phone as usual.
- This is a free service, and you will not be charged for this call-back.