Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
13. There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law. Nothing in our contract with you excludes or limits our liability for the following things:
a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c) any other thing for which we’re not legally allowed to limit (or try to limit) our liability or obligations to you.
14. You may have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to products that are faulty or not as described. Our terms already reflect those legal rights and nothing in our contract with you will reduce them. For further information about your legal rights, please contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice.
15. We’re not responsible or liable under this contract or under the wider law (including things like negligence) for:
a) any losses related to any business of yours, including loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or business interruption;
b) any losses which were not something we could have reasonably expected (as consequences of us doing anything wrong under our contract with you) when entering into that contract;
c) any losses of any type which arise from your use or access of anything we provide or make available to you free of charge; or
d) any loss of any type arising from any loss or corruption of any data, database or software (except where the law says we cannot limit our liability for that loss, in which case this clause d) won’t apply).
There are also other limitations of our liability in respect of events and the ERIC materials, set out in the relevant sections below.
16. We will not be in breach of our obligations under our contract with you if we’re prevented or delayed from complying with those obligations by:
a) anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do; or
b) events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including pandemic, fire, flood, extreme weather, bio-emergencies, strikes, trade disputes, lock-outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion and acts of terrorism or war).
17. Where the person using our website is under 18 years old (a “minor”):
a) they have no rights of their own under these terms (the parent or guardian who accepted these terms on their behalf must enforce any rights on behalf of the minor); and
b) if the minor nonetheless makes or threatens any claim against us in their own name, the parent or guardian who accepted these terms on behalf of the minor is responsible for meeting our reasonable costs of defending and, if relevant, settling or satisfying that claim. That doesn’t stop us being liable to that parent or guardian, but our liability to them will be subject to the limitations of liability set out in these terms.
18. If you have any claim, it’s against us, not people who work for us – so you will not make or threaten any claim against anyone who works for us that relates to our website, products, events or the ERIC materials.